Marathon Water Heater – Superior Tank Design
Rheem Marathon water heaters boast a corrosion-free and highly efficient design that will last a lifetime. All Marathon water heaters feature an ingenious construction method. The water heater tank is made of seamless blow-molded polybutene, which ensures that a Marathon water heater tank is not only lightweight but also the most durable on the market!
The most important Rheem Marathon water heater product features are:
- Seamless, blow-molded, polybutene tank – impervious to rust and corrosion
- Multiple layers of filament wound fiberglass give the tank unmatched strength
- Polyurethane Envirofoam™ insulation helps reduce energy consumption
- The most energy efficient in its class
- Recessed drain valve is out of the way of brooms and scrubbers
- Tough molded polyethylene outer shell resists dents and scratches
- Bowl shaped bottom allows complete sediment draining
- High temperature polysulfone dip tubes
- All plastic tank eliminates the need for an anode rod
- Thermally fused element to protect tank against “dry-fire”; low watt, density for long life.
- Factory installed temperature and pressure relief valve
- Factory installed vacuum relief valve
- Inlet and outlet connections are 3/4″ NPT
- Water tight grommets keep out overhead moisture and condensation
The manufacturer makes sure that each Marathon water heater is wrapped in thick EnviroFoam insulation – an environmentally friendly insulation free of ozone depleting CFC and HCFC gases. The insulation helps keep the water hot while being stored in a Marathon water heater. This allows for higher thermal efficiency while simultaneously lowering operating costs making the Marathon water heater one of the most energy friendly electric water heaters on the market today.